What is Corona virus?
Coronavirus (COVID 19) is the family of viruses that are found in animals and rarely transmitted from animals to hums. It can also be spread from human to human by the fluid produced by infected individuals through coughing, sneezing or even through touching each other. Other human coronaviruses included are:
MERS virus (Middle East respiratory syndrome) and SARS virus (severe acute respiratory syndrome)
Let’s check out some early signs and symptoms of COVID-19. It takes around 2-14 days after exposure for symptoms to foster. Some of these symptoms are:-
- Cough which gets more severe over time
- Fever that increases temperature day by day
- Shortness of breath
List of more symptoms are still being investigated. As per the latest updated mostly adults are infected but some children have been infected too.
This virus can cause pneumonia and in some severe cases, there can be possibility of organ failure. The recovery from COVID 19 totally depends on the strength of immune system as antibiotics are of no use in this.
Here are a few precautions which you should be aware of:
- Wash hands/ use sanitizers regularly
- Covering your mouth with tissues or napkins when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching or eyes nose or mouth again and again.
- Try to maintain 5-6 feets distance when taking care of a suspected person with coronavirus.
- Avoid close contacts having signs and symptoms of respiratory illness or coughing or sneezing
- Wear masks when going outside.
Now, as we know that symptoms of coronavirus, compared to flu are almost the same but still, the death rate of coronavirus is much higher than flu.
As per the report, around 0.06 to 0.1 percent of people who developed the flu during the 2019–2020 flu season in the United States died (as of February 2020), compared to around 3 percent of those with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the United States.
Here are few most common symptoms of flu:
- Runny nose
- Fever headaches
- Body aches
- Sore throat
As of 15 march here are some of the latest updates of coronavirus.
Total confirmed cases– The total confirmed cases now reached to 157000 globally.
Total deaths– Total confirm deaths are 5845As for now currently, there is no treatment available for Coronavirus . Treatments and vaccines are currently under study, maybe sooner the vaccine will be developed but there is no such update about its vaccines.
So instead of its treatment, focusing on its symptoms is needed. Seek medical help immediately if you think you have COVID-19. Your doctor will recommend treatment for any symptoms or complications that develop.
There is no cure available for coronavirus, the treatments given are based on the kind of care given during respiratory illness a Seasonal flu, as it has more similar symptoms like seasonal flu.
According to Hilary Marston, a medical officer and policy advisor at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), said in a Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health webcast that there is no vaccine for the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Scientists are working to develop one.
How to use a mask?
- clean hands with alcohol-based sanitizer or soap before putting a
- Cover your nose and mouth properly and make sure that there should be no gaps between your face and mask
- Avoid touching your mask when you are using it
- Do not reuse the same mask once it got wet or moist, replace it with a new one.
- Don’t remove the mask from the front or avoid touching it from, remove your mask from behind and discard immediately and wash your hand with alcohol-based sanitizer and soap.
When to use a mask?
- Wear a mask when you are coughing or sneezing or put a tissue/napkin when coughing or sneezing.
- No need to wear a mask when you are healthy, except when you are taking care of a persona with suspected coronavirus or you are sitting around with a person having symptoms of Ncov infection.
- But mask will only work when you are constantly washing your hand with soap or cleaning with alcohol-based sanitizers.