Skin whitening remedies are commonly used by people due to cosmetic or dermatological concerns. Skin complexion is regulated by a skin hormone called melanin. Some people naturally have a higher melanin production resulting in darker skin. Some environmental and lifestyle factors can also increase the production of melanin hormones such as stress, pollution, prolonged exposure to the sun, hormonal imbalance, and infections.
If you want to reduce your tan, try the following home remedies for skin whitening without any side effects and get glowy, fair skin.
Causes of Skin Darkening
Melanin hormone directly affects the skin complexion. There are many external and internal factors that can cause skin tanning. Some of these factors include;
Sun exposure: Prolonged unprotected exposure to sunlight can cause skin tanning and uneven skin tone. Melanin provides protection against UV damage due to sun exposure. However, prolonged sunlight changes melanin composition and increases its production. This causes skin tanning.
Stress: Chronic and prolonged stress can cause hormonal imbalance resulting in hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone with dark patches.
Bad eating habits: Increased consumption of carotenes, sugary items, and processed foods can cause skin inflammation, breakouts, and dark skin tone.
Hormonal imbalance: Hormonal disturbances due to thyroid gland diseases, PCOS, and other illnesses can affect the skin complexion. Melanin production is also affected by pregnancy and results in dark skin tone in some cases.
Consult with a top skin specialist for skin whitening treatment based on the causes affecting your skin tone.
Natural Home Remedies for Skin Whitening Overnight
Natural skin whitening remedies to reduce skin tan at home include common ingredients that are easily available in every household. Some of the instant remedies for skin whitening include;
Lemon and honey Mask
Lemon and honey masks can help you get glowing skin in just 3 days. Lemon is an anti-pigment agent. It eliminates spotting and skin tanning. The citric acid in lemon exfoliates the top skin layer and cleans the pores.
Vitamin C in lemon makes the skin smooth and glowing. Honey also contains bioactive compounds that assist in lightening the skin.
Include a lemon honey mask in your skincare regime to get a miraculous skin-whitening effect overnight.
How to make Lemon Honey Mask
- Take a lemon and make its juice
- Add a sufficient amount of honey in a bowl according to the area you need to cover
- Mix lemon juice with honey
- Apply it to your face and leave for at least 10-15 minutes
- Wash the face with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process regularly to get maximum benefits
Aloe vera Gel
Aloe vera gel is a natural soothing agent that has plenty of skin benefits. It deeply cleanses the skin pores and removes dust and pollutants. Aloe vera contains a chemical called aloin. It has an inhibitory effect on melanin hormone resulting in natural skin whitenings.
How to make an Aloe vera mask
- Take the fresh aloe-vera plant and cut its stem (You can also use packed aloe vera gel)
- Peel the skin and scoop out the gel. You can also directly rub the gel on your face
- Apply it on your face alone or mix it with rose water
- Leave until dry
- Wash off the gel and repeat the procedure regularly to get the maximum benefits
Potato Mask for Skin
A potato mask is one of the best home remedies for skin whitening. It is rich in phytochemicals, sulfur, potassium, and other ingredients which are vital to even out the skin tone. Potato exfoliates and deeply cleans the dust clogged in skin pores. It also contains hyaluronic acid which moisturizes the skin and reduces dark spots.
How to use Potato for skin
- You can slice the potato and directly rub it on your face
- Another method to use potatoes for skin whitening is by grating the potato
- Apply it on your skin directly or mix it with milk
- Let it dry for 20-25 minutes and wash with lukewarm water
Yogurt for Skin
Yogurt is used for skin whitening at home. Yogurt contains lactic acid which inhibits the production of melanin on the skin. Yogurt also provides bleaching properties to the skin which deeply cleanse the skin and help lighten the skin tone. This home remedy shows its effects in 3 days.
How to use yogurt on the skin
- Take a sufficient amount of yogurt and remove all the lumps
- Apply it directly on your face. You can also add honey, turmeric, or aloe vera to yogurt
- Let it rest for 15-20 minutes
- Wash your face and repeat the remedy regularly to get the maximum benefits.
Rice flour and cucumber
Rice flour has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which minimize the harmful effects of UV radiation and inhibits melanin production. This reduces the skin darkening. Rice flour also contains Cucurbitacin which inhibits melanin synthesis. Cucumber when combined with rice flour moisturizes the skin and deeply cleanses the pores.
How to make Rice flour and Cucumber mask
- Crush cucumber and take its clean extract
- Add in a sufficient amount of rice flour
- Mix to make a thick mask.
- Apply it on the face and leave until dry
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
- Repeat the home remedy for skin whitening regularly to get the maximum benefits
Coconut milk for Skin whitening
Coconut is a natural moisturizer that penetrates deeply into the skin. It provides soothing properties to the skin. Coconut milk is used for skin whitening and skin lightening. It contains Vitamin E which evens out the skin tone. Coconut oil is also used in the treatment of dermatological issues like psoriasis and eczema.
How to use Coconut milk for Face
- Take coconut milk in sufficient amounts and rub it on your face
- Massage until it is completely absorbed by your skin
- Apply it preferably at night and leave it on your face overnight
- Use this skin whitening home remedy regularly to even out your skin tone and reduce skin pigmentation.
How can you permanently whiten your skin?
To reduce melanin naturally in the skin, you can follow the following preventive tips;
- Use sunscreen when going outside in the sun
- Stay hydrated to moisturize and smoothen the skin naturally
- Good sound sleep can boost blood flow to the skin aiding in permanent skin whitening
Consult the best dermatologist in Karachi to get the best sunscreen that suits your skin
Melanin overproduction can cause skin darkening and uneven skin tone. Natural home remedies for skin whitening include the topical application of honey, coconut, aloe vera, honey, and other such ingredients rich in vitamins and minerals. Use these instant skin-whitening remedies to get rid of skin pigmentation and dark skin tone.