Naturopathic doctor Juli Mazi recently offered three cleanses to try at home for improved health.
NAPA, CA / OCT. 6, 2022 / Dr. Juli Mazi is an esteemed naturopathic doctor with clinical expertise in neutraceutical medicine, detoxification, botanical medicine, and numerous other healthcare topics. She is passionate about empowering patients to prevent and heal chronic ailments, diseases, and more through critical lifestyle changes.
Dr. Mazi holds extensive knowledge of the medicinal properties of herbs and foods, as they are often the basis of physical and mental health. She and other highly-skilled and educated naturopathic doctors believe body cleansing is critical to proper health maintenance. It can prevent disease and slow aging by helping the body release its toxin buildup.
She recently offered three health-improving cleanses that are safe and beneficial to try at home.
What Is a Cleanse?
First, she clarified that fasting can be a form of cleansing, but that doesn’t mean all cleanses involve temporarily halting food consumption. Many cleanses include food consumption, as long as the foods consumed have cleansing properties.
A cleanse typically involves eliminating heavy foods that can be difficult to digest, such as dried fruit, wheat, red meat, and fried foods. Consuming foods that are easy to digest lightens the workload that critical organs like the colon, lungs, kidneys, skin, lymphatic system and liver often carry. “Freeing up” these organs encourages them to focus on detoxifying instead of digesting.
Spring Detox Cleanse
A spring detox cleanse is an excellent way to reboot while channeling the hope and abundance of spring. Naturopathic doctors like Dr. Juli Mazi suggest performing the fast for 10 to 14 days to give the gut and liver enough time to remove toxins.
Details of the spring detox cleanse are as follows:
- Do not consume alcohol, caffeine, sugar, gluten, or dairy.
- Replace the above ingredients with fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein sources like tofu, nuts, seeds, fish, or lean meats.
- Start the day with a turmeric drink, including water, ground turmeric, lemon, a teaspoon of coconut oil, and fresh ground pepper.
- Drink two liters of filtered water per day as well as herbal teas.
- Perform light exercise regularly and rest well.
Natural Liver Cleanse
The liver is a vital organ, but it may not function properly due to old bile buildup. A liver cleanse can remove this bile and improve overall liver function.
Details of the natural liver cleanse include:
- Avoid fried food, cold drinks, processed foods, dairy, animal proteins, spicy foods, coffee, tobacco, and alcohol.
- Consume small quantities of healthy foods, including raw fruits and vegetables, yogurt, whole grains, cottage cheese, and nuts.
- Drink a lot of water and herbal teas.
Natural Kidney Cleanse
It is imperative to cleanse the kidneys for superior overall health. Cleanses can help prevent infections and kidney stones, improve bladder problems, reduce bloating, and eliminate fatigue.
Details of a natural kidney cleanse:
- Consume asparagus, celery, lemon juice, watermelon, herbs, and spices.
- Add detox drinks to flush the kidneys, such as celery juice, watermelon juice, carrot and cucumber juice, lemon or lime water, and others, as recommended by a naturopathic doctor.
Dr. Juli Mazi and Cleansing
Dr. Mazi recommends speaking with a qualified naturopathic doctor to determine which type of cleanse and cleansing foods are best for a person’s mental and physical needs. She does not suggest that anyone stop using pharmaceuticals or begin using supplements without working directly with a naturopathic doctor.